Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pascal - My first programming language

1996, I started to learn programming language when I was doing my diploma studies. Using Turbo Pascal 7.0 as my very first IDE, I've coded some small utilities and 80x25 text mode UI library to facilitate myself and friends in assignment. By reading the help in the Turbo Pascal 7.0 IDE, I've realize I can do more in graphics mode. So I've decided to read more on Borland Graphics Interface (BGI) library and program in 12h graphics mode (640x480 with 16 colors). The more I'm into it, the more I'm addicted. I've spent most of my times in writing graphics mode library and small applications during that period. My DOS programming journey become more exciting when I've learned how to initialize mouse driver in my pascal program and integrated it with my very own 12h mode GUI library.

No comments: